The Very Hungry Caterpillar is one of the most popular children’s books in the world and is used in schools for a variety of themes. Here are some ideas as to how you can integrate ICT into the experience.
General Web Sites:
- Twinkl – Excellent for printing out VHC resources.
- 2Write a Story (2Simple software) – Excellent for making Flash-based stories
- Photostory (Microsoft) – A utility that lets you make stories using pictures & text and export as video files
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Excellent for making simple presentations
Ideas Using Hardware:
- Digital Video Camera – Use márla to build a scene from the VHC and video it
- Scanner – Scan it the pages from the book and use them with Photostory or 2Simple software to make an electronic version (see English)
- Your Class Version – Scan in each page of the book and using a graphics package rub out all the text. Children can re-write the story in their own words.
- Shape and Space – Using MS Paint, children can make their own VHC using circles
- Using Powerpoint etc. import graphics to tell the story of “an bolb an-ocras”
- SIP 22 – Part of the Schools Integration Project about minibeasts
- Minibeasts – A great online list of links for the study of minibeasts
- Butterfly Ireland – An Irish web site about the Life Cycle of the caterpillar
- Healthy Eating – Healthy Steps Web Site
Last Update: August 17, 2017
Total 0 Votes: